Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Is Cheerleading A Sport?

I blame my love for sports on the fact that most of the best moments of my life have been when I was on the field or court. Over my 21 years I have been a cheerleader and have played basketball, volleyball and softball.

Most people say that cheerleading isn't a sport and for a long time I agreed with them. But my mind changed during my senior year of high school when I decided to try our for my schools cheerleading team in effort to spend more time with my friends during our last year together. I was lucky to have made it on the varsity squad and am even luckier because to this day my time on that team are some of the most special memories. The very best moment was getting to cheer on my team at Heinz Field. We lost that game but at that point it didn't even matter, we were just happy to have made it that far.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I am truly touched about why you decided to do cheerleading. Memories last a lifetime and that is what matters, At my high school they did not give out varsity letters to cheerleaders because they did not consider it a sport, however, it was because they couldn't do stunts and didn't have practice everyday. Other high schools are different. I'm excited to read the rest of the post!

    ReplyDelete