Friday, September 25, 2015

Just the Beginning

Most of my sport success, and most of my time from ages 6-19 were spent on a softball field. I first started playing because my parents literally forced me too. But at a young age I was the only one who could throw the ball from home plate to second base. So my catching career started before I even knew what I was actually doing. My parents saw I had skill so they got me involved in private lessons. My mom would drive me over an hour so that I could go to my favorite catching coach, Dave Kiriloff, who was once a part of the Orioles organization. Even though he was my coach when I was relatively young I still heard his voice even long after I stopped going to his lessons. I stopped going to lessons with Dave once I started my time with the high school softball and travel ball with the Pittsburgh Pride. This team became my family and I am very lucky to be able to call a lot of my teammates my friends to this day. We didn't win very much but we had a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment