Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Big Stage

My time at Allegheny was bittersweet. It started out in full force, I was playing the best softball of my life. We then went to Florida for Spring Training and I took a foul tip to the hand in the first inning. I finished the game but that would be my last for most of the regular season. Through those next few months my team went undefeated into NCAC Tournament play. We won the 2013 NCAC Championship and were on our way to regionals. It was such an amazing experience to be able to experience softball at that level. The Regional Tournament was a double elimination tournament. We went undefeated until the final round. All we had to do was win one more game and we would be on the road again to the Softball World Series for D3. The team that we were playing had beat us twice to get our spot. Unfortunately they did. And by a wide margin. Normally I would say that we lost but the experience was enough of a win. That was not the case in this instance. We wanted to make it to the World Series stage. To me, that would have been enough. I had to make the hard decision that that would be my last collegiate games which was hard because making it to that stage is a chance I will never get again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment